Double storey house gutted in a fire incident at Botingoo area of Sopore

by WebDesk
0 comment 126 views
Double storey house gutted in a fire incident at Botingoo area of Sopore

A two storey house was gutted in a fire incident in Botingoo area of north Kashmir’s Sopore on Monday morning, officials said.

An official of the fire and emergency department said that the fire broke out in a residential building in Botingoo area of Sopore at around 4:30 am, resulting in damage worth lakhs.

He said that fire broke out from a double storey residential house belonging to Bashir Ahmad Malla son of Ghulam Qadir Malla at Botingoo, Sopore. The house was completely gutted in the fire incident.

Mohammad Akbar, an official of the Fire and Emergency Services department said that they received the call regarding a fire incident and its Sopore station immediately rushed the water tenders to the area.

“The firefighters faced a tough time while controlling the flames as the LPG cylinders inside a tin shed blasted during the incident. One house, tin shed were completely damaged while two more neighbouring houses received partial damage. Timely action from the firefighters minimised the damage to the locality ,” the official told Rising Kashmir.

Although a short circuit is said to be the reason behind the incident, the fire department is yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.

While in another incident, a cowshed was fully gutted in an inferno at Nowpora Jagir area of Sopore.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

@2022 – Heavenmail.in |  All Right Reserved.