The Government of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday dismissed five employees from services for being involved in anti-national activities under Article 311 (2)(c). The dismissals were found to having terror links, running narco-terror syndicates and aiding proscribed outfits to carry out attacks. The activities of these had come to the adverse notice of the law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as they have been found involved in activities prejudicial to the interests of the security of the state, according to an official press release.
The dismissals include the following.
1. Tanveer Salem Dar S/O Ghulam Rasool Dar, constable in the Auxiliary wing of Jammu and Kashmir Police. “Dar has always subscribed to the secessionist and radical ideology. He has been found involved in numerous terror activities and was an active courier of the militant outfits. He is figuring in case FIR No. 114/2003 U/S 302, 307, 120-B, etc., etc. Furthermore, he is also figuring in case FIR No. 145/2003 U/S 302, 307, 120-B registered with Police Station Kothibagh Srinagar”, the press release reads.
2. Syed Iftikhar Andrabi, VLW, Rural Development Department (Panchayat Secretary). Andrabi according to the handout has worked as an “OGW for LeT Hizbul Mujahideen. He had developed close links with PoK-based terrorists and got involved in Narco terror financing. He can be described as a double agent as he maintained a very close relationship with Indian Law Enforcement agencies. Likewise, he is also figuring in case FIR No. 183/2020, Police Station Handwara which has been transferred to NIA”.
3. Irshad Ahmad Khan, Orderly cum Chowkidar in JAL Shakti department, Baramulla. “Khan has been found involved in helping terrorists in carrying out terror activities. He has been found involved in facilitating terrorists to move out of India. He is figuring in case FIR No. 201/2013 U/S 7/27, 307,109,Case FIR No. 101/2015 U/S 307. Case FIR No 106/2015 and case FIR No 336/2017 U/S 13 ULAP” the press release added.
4. Afaq Ahmad Wani, Manager, Baramulla Central Cooperative Bank Ltd. “Wani has been a part of Narco terror Module. He is involved in case FIR No. 183/2020 U/S 8/21 NDPS Act, P/S Handwara. A large amount of cash and Heroin has been recovered from his possession. He is involved in sale, purchase, transportation, warehousing, and possession of narcotic drug Heroine” read the press release.
5. Abdul Momin Peer, Assistant lineman PHE subdivision Handwara. The press release stated that “Peer has been involved in narco terror financing, has been part of a distribution network. He has visited Pakistan in 2016 and 2017 with the aim of developing an understanding of the broader objectives of terror separatist campaigns. A considerable recovery has been made from his possession. He is co-accused in case FIR No. 183/2020, PS Handwara”.
The press release reads:
“The Government has adopted a zero tolerance policy towards anti-national elements who have been taking refuge as being associated with the government machinery.”
Process Started In April 2021
The process of dismissal started in April 2021 and around 44 employees have been sacked from the services so far. In August 2022 the Government of Jammu and Kashmir has sacked four employees from services, among them Syed Abdul Mueed the third son of Hizbul Mujaidin chief Syed Salahuddin (Mohammad Yosuf). Mueed was Manager (information and technology) at commerce and industries department. Hizb Chief’s other two sons Syed Ahmed Shakeel and Shahid Yosuf were also dismissed from services last year. As per the officials, “Mueed had allegedly been found having a role in three terror attacks on the Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development (JKEDI) Institute complex at Sempora in Pampore and his presence in the institution has led to increased sympathy with secessionist forces.
The others who were dismissed in the previous order are Assabah-ul-Arjamand Khan, Dr Muheet Bhat and Majid Hassain Qadri. Assabah-ul- Arjamand khan is the wife of Farooq Ahmed Dar alias Bitta Karate and a 2011- batch Kashmir Administrative service (JKAS). “She was alleged to have been involved